Friday 30 September 2011

The Gentle Gourmet B&B, Paris

Gentle? Good. Gourmet? Great. Paris? Brilliant!

Eating a vegan diet abroad is always a tricky one, especially when your foreign language skills are limited to frantic hand gestures and the ingredients lists on food packets look like blocks of mathematical code.  I know, I know, I really should learn some French considering France is only a two hour train journey away from me...I have no excuse.  (Other than that I'm learning Italian.  Well, not really, but I'm thinking about it.)

But if you fancy splashing out on a stay in Paris and making life a little bit easier for your lovely vegan self, I can highly recommend the Gentle Gourmet B&B.  The breakfasts are simply amazing (chocolate pancakes, fresh fruit, waffles and syrup - they'll pretty much fulfill any request!) and the family that run the B&B are absolutely wonderful and very helpful for finding some veggie havens in the city.



It's a bit misleading calling it a B&B, as it's actually a set of apartments (you have to walk across the courtyard to get to your breakfast, so no drinking coffee in your jammies!).  But this gives you the freedom to come and go as you please, which is exactly the ticket when you're wandering along the Champs-Elysees until 2am singing Joni Mitchell!  'I was a free man in Paris...'

Also, just to add the cute factor, they have a vegetarian rescue dog that loves attention....


Voici le chien noir mignon!

J'adore Paris.  Unfortunately, I can't make it back to Paris for the Paris Vegan Festival next week - are any blog readers going?  I'd love to hear from you!

Peace and love.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I was just searching the web for 'vegan' and 'Christian' and stumbled across your blog. I am a Christian and vegan as well. And..I've stayed at the Gentle Gourmet! Deborah and Paul are wonderful people and the food was out of this world. We did this past Christmas Day and New Years Eve there. I, too, wanted to make it for their vegan festival. Apparently they've held it on a boat on the Seine. Looking forward to more posts.

    -Loren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loren, it's great to hear from you! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Paris, it must have been amazing at Christmas time! Hopefully we'll both make it to the festival next year.

    Thank you for getting in touch, I really hope you continue to enjoy the blog.

    All the best
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All Christians were Vegan, yet they crucified that part of it. (John 3:16) This is so important to me because I do care. I don't want something to happen to you. Look at it closely. Share it with the family. This is the key to the real ancient Jews. I would like to send you this; it is important. Here is the quail that the people with Moses ate, one of the cleanest animals in the Bible. The Jews ate the quail and died spiritually, although they were allowed to.
    (Numbers 11:31-35) In the Law of Moses, all animals which ate meat were considered unclean. If a bird ate meat, then it was unclean. The people were allowed to eat animals if they were clean, but in the Bible, to eat means to read. (Revelation 10:8-11) (Ezekiel 3:1-2) What it meant is that if the animal was clean, then the people could read it, and follow its eating habits to find healthy food to eat. I am a real Jew, spiritually and in lineage. Not something to be great by. It is a simple truth. Jews didn't eat meat, they were all Vegan. (2 Corinthians 4:3) That is the truth about Jews. I have also been studying the Talmud on Apostacy and eating meat. This isn’t an attack. Apostacy came upon by going back to meat, even though they were forced to when taken to Babylon. They forgot and went back to sleep like in the book of Jeremiah. All Jews were Vegan. They did not murder animals, and they did not steal from animals. Homey meant wisdom. And milk meant the pure love of scripture, as well as there were other types of milk that the Jews made.

    ReplyDelete


Sharing thoughts on peace, love, and vegan cupcakes!